Sunday, September 2, 2018

Lessons from a Baby #10: Hold You



(This post is very brief, but it gets right to the point and it's a point on which I need to meditate right now.  Maybe it will speak to you in the same way.)

In just a few months, our beautiful granddaughter, Bella, will be two years old and at that point, I guess I'll have to stop calling her a baby.  Even now, she's communicating like a little person and beginning to put a couple of words together to make short phrases.  My favorite one is when she is standing at my feet and reaches her little arms up to me and says, "Hold you"! .......  Not "hold me", but "hold you". 

In my mind, asking to be held is communicating a need for comfort or rest, but asking to hold someone else is an expression of wanting to be close to and express love to another person.

Throughout my life, there have been many times when I have sought solace in the arms of Jesus.  The Holy Spirit is called our Comforter for a reason.  But what joy it must bring to His heart when we come to Him just to express our love - when we ask to "hold him"!

No comments:

Post a Comment