Sunday, August 26, 2018

Room Enough to Receive It



I am a very organized shopper.  I get paid every two weeks and every two weeks I sit down and plan 14 days of menus and make a grocery list.  Now that I have discovered online grocery shopping with curbside pickup, I am saving time and avoiding standing in long lines. 

This week when my husband and I pulled into the pickup lot for our grocery haul, I got out and went to the back of the van to make sure there wasn't anything there to interfere with the store worker loading my bags of groceries.  Then one of those little "God moments" occurred as I got a quick analogy about having room to receive what I had purchased.

God has purchased everything for us - salvation, healing, deliverance, power, anointing, strength, peace, joy, wisdom - shall I go on?  Sometimes the back of my van holds my granddaughter's stroller or some tools that belong to my husband.  If I forget that those things are there, they must be moved to allow the van to be filled with those things that I need.  Some things I can move aside myself, but there are other things that are too heavy for me to move and I need the help of my husband - someone who is stronger than I am.

In our lives, God desires for us to have all those things that He provides, but there are times when our lives are filled up with other things which must be moved aside in order to us to receive what He is offering.  Some of those things we can move aside with a simple choice, while others require His strength to lift away. There are times when just talking with a brother or sister in Christ helps to lift those things that are in the way and put them in their proper place.

That was my case this past week.  I had allowed some mindsets to interfere with my walk with God.  I had listened to some lies of the enemy that had discouraged me and made me feel inferior, powerless, and useless.  In counsel with a couple who loves me, I began to recognize the root of some of these thoughts and they helped me to move them out of the way in the spirit so that I would have room to receive the thoughts about myself that God wishes me to have.

What is in your spiritual "trunk" today?  Are there things there that you need to set aside?  Are there things blocking the flow of blessing in your life that you need to share with someone who knows the mind of God?  Do you need to ask God to pick up that heavy thing and move it out of the way so that you will have a spirit that is open and clear and ready to receive from Him?

No comments:

Post a Comment