Sunday, November 3, 2019

A Consistent Message





As some of you know, I am currently working on completing my first book. Though there is a lot of new material, much of the content comes from the blog posts I've been writing for almost two years.  You would think it would be easy to copy and paste articles from the blog to the working manuscript, but it hasn't proven to be quite that simple.  It's a constant battle of organizing and reorganizing, of making sure I haven't put the same essay in two different places, of correcting spelling errors or typos that I missed when I first published the blog, and of adjusting the language so that I'm not speaking in present tense about events that happened three years ago.  Whew!

What's really important to me is that people will really understand the theme of the book and that it will make a real difference in deepening and enriching their relationship with God.  I want to be clear and understandable, but above all biblical.

When I think that God used flawed people to get His Word to us in a book that stays on the best-seller list, I am assured He can help me put all the thoughts and lessons He has given me in a manageable form.  What a remarkably consistent message His book has!  He's loved us and wanted us from the beginning of time and He's provided a way for us to have a relationship with Him.  He's written us a love letter that has everything we need that pertains to life and godliness.

I hope you'll excuse this very brief post tonight, but I've been away for my fall break weekend, enjoying some time with my husband and spending long evenings in the hotel room putting the finishing touches on the message God has given me.  I'm proofreading all my words just as He proofreads me and makes course corrections as I walk through the pages of the book of my life.

I hope that tonight, you are allowing Him to do that in your life as well.  Please pray for the successful completion of this manuscript and that God will use it for his purposes. God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment