Tuesday, November 8, 2022

That's Not My Name!




Last month, several packages were delivered to my house that had my exact address but bore the names of other people. An online seller that I ordered from has stolen credit card information from three other people. For some unknown reason, he is charging them for items, but sending them to my address. Law enforcement is investigating, and it’s been an interesting and annoying few weeks.

I realized today that the enemy of our souls does this all the time. He sends things right where we are. They are things we didn’t ask for. They don’t belong to us. I haven’t accepted the merchandise that has overwhelmed the front porch of my house, and I don’t have to accept what he sends my way either.

These physical packages just needed to be returned to the store that shipped them, but these bogus packages the enemy tries to unload on us need to be dealt with in this way:

“Sorry, devil. This package isn’t mine. Oh, I know it has my address on it, but you’ve got the wrong person. My name isn’t Defeated or Unloveable or Broken. My name is Overcomer, Beloved of God, His Masterpiece. I don’t want what you’re sending. Take your fraud and your lies and go somewhere else. I will only accept good and perfect gifts - the ones sent by my Abba Father. He provides everything that pertains to life and godliness - not some counterfeit that leads to heartache and moves me away from Him.”

Then write on that package in permanent marker “RETURN TO SENDER! Addressee unknown!”

"Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights with whom there is no shadow of turning." James 1:17

"...as His divine power has give to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him who called us by glory and virtue," 2 Peter 1:3

No comments:

Post a Comment